6 x Practical assessments, 2 x Theory assessments (Multiple Choice Question Papers) and continuous formative assessment conducted throughout the course.
By the end of the course you will have learnt:
- Assess and treat an unconscious casualty
- Perform CPR on an adult, child and baby
- Put an adult, baby or child into the recovery position
- Treat a person who is choking, bleeding or suffering from burns or broken bones
- Recognise and treat a febrile convulsion, asthma attack and other emergencies
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of meningitis, croup and other illnesses
The QA Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (RQF) has been specifically designed to meet the criteria set by the Department for Education's EYFS Framework and is ideal for:
- Those who have gained a level 2 and/or level 3 childcare qualification and have entered into an early years setting and wish to be included in the staff to child ratios to comply with EYFS requirements.
- Registered childminders and assistants who are required to hold a current and full paediatric first aid certificate in order to comply with the EYFS requirements.
- Anyone who has a non-professional involvement with infants and children, such as parents, grandparents and want to learn key paediatric first aid skills.
Newly qualified entrants to an early years setting who have completed a level 2 and/or level 3 qualification on or after 30th June 2016, must also have either a full paediatric first aid or an emergency paediatric first aid certificate within three months of starting work.
Additional Venue Details
Training Course Company, Waldon, East Tilbury, Tilbury, UK
Training Course Company, 3 Waldon, East Tilbury, Tilbury, UK
This course is delivered in a house, Offering comfort to small group training.
Free street Parking and rear of the property
Please note this family home does have a pet dog. Although the dog will not be in the training room we like to make you are due to allergies